“THE HAIR TALES” from exec producers Oprah Winfrey, Tracee Ellis Ross and Michaela Angela Davis-Trailer
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network and Disney’s Onyx Collective jointly reveal the key art and official series trailer for “The Hair Tales,” a dynamic celebration of Black women’s identity, beauty, culture and humanity, uniquely expressed through the stories in our hair. “The Hair Tales” is a docuseries where six diverse phenomenal women – Issa Rae, Rep. Ayanna Pressley, CHIKA, Marsai Martin, Chloe Bailey and Oprah Winfrey – lay their intimate hair tales on the table with Tracee Ellis Ross. Surrounded by brilliant voices of academic and cultural leaders, gifted hairdressers, and extraordinary sisters, the series presents a collage of resilience, style and purpose.
From executive producers Oprah Winfrey, Tracee Ellis Ross and Michaela angela Davis, “The Hair Tales” will debut with the first two episodes on Hulu and OWN, with two episodes releasing weekly on Hulu and one episode releasing weekly on OWN.
- Networks: Onyx Collective, Hulu and OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
- Produced By: Culture House, Joy Mill Entertainment, Tetravision and Harpo Films
- Executive Producers: Oprah Winfrey, Tracee Ellis Ross, Michaela angela Davis, Tara Duncan, Raeshem Nijhon, Carri Twigg and Kisha Imani Cameron
- Concept By: Michaela angela Davis
- Developed By: Michaela angela Davis and Tracee Ellis Ross
- Guests: Guests featured include the inimitable Oprah Winfrey, Emmy® nominee Issa Rae, GRAMMY® nominees Chlöe Bailey and Chika, Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley and “black-ish” star Marsai Martin
- Format: 6 X 1-hour episodes
- Launch Date: Saturday October 22, 2022 on Hulu and at @ 9pm ET/PT on OWN